- ASPIRE Applications are now open! Students who will be high school juniors or seniors in the 2018-19 school year and are interested in science, technology, engineering or math are invited to apply for the ASPIRE high school internship summer 2018 program. Students will be mentored through a technical project by a Johns Hopkins University APL staff member during a six-week internship this summer. For eligibility requirements, more information about the program and to find the link to the application please visit www.jhuapl.edu/stem/students/aspire. The link to apply is towards the bottom of the page under ASPIRE Application Process. Applications will be open until February 15th and there is no advantage to applying early.
- ASPIRE Information Sessions If you have questions about either the summer program or the academic year program, please join us for one of the information sessions where we will discuss the application process and provide tips on optimizing your application.The same information will be presented at both sessions. No registration is required.
Thursday, January 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
Information sessions will be held in the Parson’s Auditorium in Building 1. Link to directions: http://www.jhuapl.edu/aboutapl/visitor/mapcampus.aspUnfortunately, graduating high school seniors, non-US Citizens or green card holders are not eligible for the ASPIRE program. If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colleen D’Agrosa, K12 Internship Program Specialist, STEM Program Office
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
11100 Johns Hopkins Road, Laurel, MD 20723-6099 – (240) 228-STEM
3. Physics is Phun – http://umdphysics.umd.edu/images/studentservices/Outreach/Flyer1_V2.jpg
Location: APL- Kossiakoff Center
5. Discover Engineers Week – http://www.discovere.org/our-programs/engineers-week. Inspiring girls to be engineers
6. Dream Big – Engineering Our World – http://www.discovere.org/dreambig
7. STEAM vs STEM http://www.edweek.org/tm/articles/2014/11/18/ctq-jolly-stem-vs-steam.html
8. Choosing a career that’s right for you. Please click HERE for help.
9. College majors with the highest post-grad unemployment Click HERE